Platform Engineer - Hybrid - Manchester (2/ 3days in office p/week)
· Would you like to help establish the serverless AWS infrastructure for a “start up” established within a £1 billion plus organisation?
· Would you like to work for a company revolutionising the FinTech industry?
We are hiring a Platform Engineer to add to a growing team within Infrastructure & Engineering. Forming part of a smaller team to start off, you will help to deliver this platform for a scale-up serverless bank.
Thus an understanding of designing resilient cloud infrastructure will be needed to build this new product for the UK arm of a highly coveted Fintech.
Skills and experience needed:
· Current experience within a Platform Engineer or System/ Linux Administrator (With AWS Cloud experience).
· Experience supporting the organizational adoption of cloud infrastructure would be beneficial.
· Experience with Terraform (This doesn’t need to be on an expert level, but could be someone that is familiar with terraform and has experience of making changes to someone else’s terraform code)
· Experience managing, supporting, maintaining and improving the project’s infrastructure, automation, continuous integration system and application release process.
· PCI/ISO27001 is beneficial/ previous experience working in a financial industry, in a similar role.
· Some knowledge of VPC, EC2, IAM, Security Groups
· If you have a certification in AWS: AWS Cloud Practitioner or AWS Solutions Architect, this would be advantageous
Your focus will be around these areas:
· Helping to architect the solution and ultimately building & operating this platform which underpins the entire infrastructure.
· Ensuring the platform is highly available and meets the demands of a modern system within a regulated environment, as is an automation and security by design mindset.
· Working alongside the wider engineering team to analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, by providing problem resolution end-to-end
· Refining and automating regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
· Working within a collaborative cross-functional team to fundamentally assist the software engineers with design, and implementation of environments as they code.
· Building items such as pipelines, golden images for Ec2s, audit logs, networks, firewalls and security groups within AWS/Terraform.
This is a hybrid role, working in the Manchester office twice/ thrice a week.
*Unable to offer Visa Sponsorship for this opportunity*
We are looking to speak to mid-level candidates, the salary goes up to £53 000 depending on experience.
This could be just be the role for you, make sure to apply below!