Principal Engineer / Staff Engineer | Hybrid-working in Berlin | Up to €200k + shares
It is interesting how web 3 divide peoples' opinions, isn't it? Some people love it, and others simply want to avoid it. If it interests you, read on.
Whether you are a really strong web 2 Engineer, or a Web 3 Engineer already, this could be the best move you have made.
You have the opportunity to:
- join one of the front-running crypto exchange and blockchain development companies in the whole of Europe
- work with one of the most ambitious and well-respected blockchain & crypto Founders in Berlin that have been recognised as such by investors and publishers / articles
- work with a blockchain leader that has built the team from 8 people last year to more than 25 people now;
- all of this whilst securing further investment from some of the biggest names in the cryptocurrency investment industry
- become a well-respected senior technical member, with shares, in a hugely exciting business that is well-supported in the blockchain world
Your role will be to:
- work with senior management and C-level to focus and shape the technical direction of their core platform
- guide engineers on overall milestones and objectives...
- ..whilst ensuring everything is clearly defined and understood, and that their voices are heard
- take technical ownership of future projects and bounce ideas around other senior members of the team
- muck-in and get hands-on regularly still
The next 12 months in the business will be about developing their community and improving their user support, to guide traffic to their core platform that already has a huge amount of excitement around it. Your individual contribution will be predominantly technical-focused, and you will be working to support the engineers in any way possible, and you will also have time to stay hands on and even learn new blockchain tools / tech.
Ideally, your background will look something like this:
- experience developing high-availability and complex software systems;
- technical leadership of at least a mid-sized web 2 team, or any seniority in a web 3 team would be perfect...
- ..with a focus on enabling others in your team to improve themselves
- you can demonstrate that you keep up to date with modern standards and development
- you are comfortable working closely with key business stakeholders (CTO's/CEOs) etc. and ideally have done this in previous roles too
- experience with multiple programming languages is highly beneficial
- good knowledge of the Blockchain industry. Finance & DeFi are also beneficial. Experience in these industries is not essential, but would definitely give you a head-start
You must be able to work in Berlin to fulfill this role. All applications are completely confidential